6/25/09

I brought the rain

Man! It is POURING in Denver! I left NJ in what can only be described as Seattle weather since Memorial Day and today I went to Mt. Falcon to do some hiking. Five minutes from arrival, the skies broke open and torrential rain poured down. I thought Maine Coons and Great Danes would crash onto my car (cats and dogs, get it? :)

So I drove back down the mountain at a 5/mph pace, windy roads meant to accommodate only one big SUV at a time - oh, and no guardrails. I kept telling myself, Take it easy, take it easy - there's not going to transfer any embryos if this little car goes summersaulting down the side of the mountain.

Don't need that kind of drama. I'm going to try again tomorrow - we'll see how the weather is.

5 comments:

onwardandsideways said...

We had a lot of fun running around the Denver area on the weekends. The parks south of Denver are pretty amazing. There are some amazing dinosaur parks/remains/tracks just north of Denver. We saw the buffalo herds on the way back on that trip.

Hope the weather clears a bit, but glad you are having fun! But yes, drive safely, girl!!

Eb said...

Sounds wet but fun! Be careful tho.
Thinking of you

Lorraine said...

Oh, I miss good rains! Plus, it's a good sign, nature's fertile renewal, etc., etc.

Be careful!

Anonymous said...

No diving off mountain passes just to make your blog more interesting to read!

RE your comment on my blog; I think you would not use either "real" period because you are using drugs to coordinate things...usually they put day one 2 weeks before retrieval. So if you have a 5 day transfer my count is that you are 2 weeks and 5 days pg! So your beta should be right around 4 weeks. I'm sure your RE or nurse can tell you the exact day they are counting from, but that's my understanding. Good luck (and congrats on the 5day transfer!)

Sky said...

Onwards,

I went to Dinosaur Ridge today and did the little hike. Well, I did half o the little hike and turned around. I think it's about 2.5 miles round trip but I was huffing and puffing after about 3/4 mile - the heat was unbearable and I just don't do well in heat. So I thought, the heck with this and turned back. Still, it was nice to be there - by the mountains and took some pics of horses (and fed them :)