3/15/10

Beta - Negativo!

"I hate it when you're right," said my nurse. Argh! Yeah, me-fucking-too when I'm right about something I'd loooooove to be wrong about.

Well, anyway....

I'm now waiting for someone to call me this afternoon to schedule my WTF with Surrey and I'll ask him if it makes sense to have another hysteroscopy (my hysteroscopy in November was one week prior to my polyp removal - so maybe a hysteroscopy post that surgery makes sense). Then again, I certainly don't want to have any testing that could affect my uterus in some negative way - so let's see what he says.

Thank you all - again - for your unyielding support and kindness.

I do try to keep in mind that normally two beautiful embryos are transferred for every single donor cycle and just how many implant? Well, with a 80+% pregnancy success rate, 60% are singletons and 40% twins. Now, that is one big percentage for twins but I may actually have to weigh that out and take them odds and deal with the outcome.

After all, Sue, you're right, I know it could have been an embryo problem - no matter how beautiful it looked. After all, we've learned that even two chromosomally sound embryos don't necessarily give you twins, unfortunately!

10 comments:

onwardandsideways said...

You'll get there... wishing you better luck next time. Fortunately, you've got loads to work with, there's got to be a good embie in there!

onwardandsideways said...

You'll get there... wishing you better luck next time. Fortunately you've got lots to work with... got to be a good embie in there!

lastchanceivf said...

I believe you WILL get there too, I just wish it were sooner rather than later.
Hugs.

Paige said...

Yes, thank goodness for the frosties! The hysteroscopy sounds like a good idea. Keep moving toward your dream.

kayjay said...

Sorry about the negative...if only it could be that simple - pretty embies make pretty babies. You still have more normals to transfer so don;t get discouraged.

Sue said...

I'm so sorry it was a negative. I know how it feels but wish you could have had a nice big fat SURPRISE! I can't wait to see your BFP!!! I'm sorry I keep harping on the fact that it is likely an embryo issue - I just know that no matter what I said outwardly, I had serious fears of having a uterus that killed everything that went in it. It was just one of those fears that I kept deep down and only let out here and there in my blog...so I want to make sure you know that you (like me in the past) have already proven that you can have an embryo implant, now everything else just needs to line up...and it will!

musicmakermomma said...

Sorry you were right, that sucks. But now at least you can move forward with the appt - I'd push for another scan. But it will be interesting to hear what The Great One has to say - hopefully they will get you in soon!

Kami said...

Keep keeping that chin up! Like you said, odds even with two embryos aren't 100%. It is hard to know what to do, but I hope it gets you a singleton soon.

Lost in Space said...

No matter the reasoning behind it all, this still sucks. I'm sorry, Sky.

Anonymous said...

That's just awful news. Negatives just get harder and harder don't they?

So glad you have lots of icy bubs though. Onward and upward is all we can do!