6/19/10

Week 12

The last couple of days I've been feeling better. I think. Maybe I'm just hoping it's real. The all-day queasiness isn't really gone but I'm not as drop dead tired.

My NT scan is on Wednesday. I took the day off as a precaution. Yeah, I worry that maybe the baby bird is gone already. Thursday night I was changing the litterbox (yes, it's okay - my cats are 100% indoor and have been for their whole lives, plus I was still just tested for toxoplasmosis as a precaution) and carrying the old litter in the trash to the curb for trash pick-up next day. And I knew I had to poop (seriously, yes it's TMI - but what about the IF process isn't?) and my lower back started to hurt me TERRIBLY. It felt as though there was a dull, achy 20 lbs. bowling ball going to come out and I suddenly got very bad abdominal/pelvic (who the hell knows where) cramps. I thought for sure that was it, the little bird was done and coming out.

I ran to the bathroom and there was only poop. No baby. No blood. I felt instantly well and no back pain and those symptoms went right away. But it was frightening and I do still imagine lying there on Wednesday with the tech girl struggling to find a heartbeat.

Why does my brain betray me and go there?!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would be the trauma my dear. I'm hoping for good news!

Gille said...

Praying there will be none of that bad news coming your way. Your baby is safe and sound. Good luck!

kayjay said...

I had a similar thing happen to me while pregnant and I thought the exact same thing as you. It turned out to be just a poop so remember, even when not pregnant, if you have to poop enough, it's not a painless procedure sometimes. It's hard not to "go there" after everything you've been through so don't be too hard on yourself. Good luck with the NT scan.

Lorraine said...

I wish I could go with you to the appt., my dear. Instead, I'll just wish you luck and cross my fingers for you. My tech told me on the spot that all was well, it was so reassuring not to have to wait for the results.

Michelle D said...

I also had similar feelings recently. With the PIO I never feel the need to go so sometimes I would get crampy or icky feeling and realize it had been a while. I also had thoughts and nightmares about bad news ultrasounds and it turned out okay. I'm sure everything is fine with you. I will be hoping for a great NT scan and appointment for you :)

lastchanceivf said...

Hoping you get nothing but super terrific great news!

Me said...

OK I *know* this post wasn't supposed to be funny. But I have had times where I'm literally holding up the walls of our tiny bathroom on either side of the toilet, with tears in my eyes from GI pains. It is crazy how much a little poop can hurt a gal!

I will be stalking you for good news on Weds (so you better post!)

Kami said...

I don't know how you not to think those things. My RE told me that if the h/b and size look good at 8 weeks there is only a 2% failure rate. Odds are very much in your favor. Keep hanging on!