6/6/10

Just living....

Hello there ladies!

I haven't been much into blogging but I do check up on all of you a few times a week. Everything is going really well so I'm super duper thankful!

Though I have some underlying low level anxieties about becoming a single mom and inherent stressors, the Zo.lo.ft has kept me OUT of panic mode (remember last summer when I became despondent, SEVERELY depressed, could not sleep or eat and lost 13 lbs. in less than a week) - yeah, NOT good for a healthy pregnancy at all. I wonder if I was so worn down that I got so sick and my body went into survival mode - it's her or both of them and saved me. I don't know. But, thankfully, the lowest dose of this little blue pill (no, not V.i.ag.ra :) has more than done the trick to keep me from going over the edge so far.

Oh, I bought a crib. Well, not a fancy new crib. I bought a crib off of Cr.a.ig'.s.-L.i.st for $75. It's so nice - maple colored wood and kind of sleigh crib-ish looking with a drawer on the bottom. No recalls on it and it came with the mattress (which I think I'll change out for a new one). Yes, I could have afforded a new one and a fancy nursery and I LOVE looking at nurseries that are high end. But in some selective ways, I'm my frugal (by necessity) mother's daughter and just can't bring myself to spend 1K on the gorgeous Pott.er.y B.a.r.n dark wood sleigh bed crib knowing this will likely be my one and only baby and the crib will be around for only a couple of years. Yet I'm seriously considering a stunning pair of hidden platform black Lou.b.ou.t.in pumps at $625 - crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzy! I acknowledge my frugality is selective. And lest you think I'm just a selfish bitch who would only spend on herself, I have many savings plans in mind for baby and would think nothing of buying a little girl (if it's what I've got) a $200 American Girl doll. Maybe it's because the baby doesn't care how fashionable the nursery is (and I don't either) that makes the difference. Who knows?

Oh, at 10w, I am tired all the time and have an upset stomach every day. I've never tossed cookies from m/s, despite sporadic queasiness, but my stomach is very sensitive.

After sleeping a full night last night and a 3 hour "nap" this afternoon, I'm now off to shower. Gosh, I really hope this fatigue lets up.

Hugs to you all.

5 comments:

lastchanceivf said...

Sounds like everything is great, minus the fatigue and upset stomach. I totally get the selective frugality--no need to explain at all :) Glad to hear an update!
PS I kinda hope you have a girl so you can totally go shoe shopping together one day :)

Phoebe said...

I'm glad to hear the anti-depressants are doing the trick. I had horrible anxiety when I was pg. I was afraid to take a/d because I had never taken them before. Whatever it takes to get through, do it!

Your baby is so not going to care what kind of crib she had. She'll also probably find something much more interesting to play with than a $200 doll, like maybe a toilet paper roll, until she is at least a bit older!!

Eb said...

Hey I'm with you! We waited till the sale and bought some pottery barn cribs that ended up cheaper than the baby'srus cribs that we first looked at.
I am so buying a great pair of shoes after this is over - LB all the way.

Glad the little blue pill is help out. I decided to stay on mine and its done wonders.

Sue said...

I am so excited for you!!! I was guessing that no news was good news! Yay!!! 10 weeks!

Paige said...

Sounds great to me. Enjoy every moment!