7/30/10

Everyone Knows

There is always that little bit of apprehension in the back of my head about blabbing the pregnancy news because...well...because until about 30 weeks, I'm not sure I feel confident about a take-home baby. (Disclaimer: ONLY m/c and infertility will allow such fears to fester)

But because at 4 1/2 months, my pants are tight and I don't button top button, I thought I'd better spill the beans. So, as of last Monday, everyone in my life knows. Whew! It was a little bit nerve-wracking to take that leap and have to hope everything stays positive.

I think it's a very strange thing to actively pursue pregnancy this hard and then keep it a secret for so long and feel nervous to break the news. But, in this process, I've learned that so very many things are strange.

6 comments:

lastchanceivf said...

Congrats for coming out!! And you're right--everything about IF and treatment is strange when you really think about it :)

Michelle D said...

I'm glad that I'm not alone. I feel the same way. Congrats on outing yourself :) Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy

Josée Martens said...

Congrats on your announcement! I hope everyone was extremely joyful for you. :-)

Paige said...

I'm with you in Strangeville...so weird that it encompasses most of our lives yet we must be choosy who we talk to about it. Great on being able to blab away! Must have felt freeing.

Sue said...

Yay!!! This is so exciting! Congrats on the "outing"!

Polly Gamwich said...

I COMPLETELY get this. We too waited until 17 weeks to come out. And it was so odd. Something I wanted so bad, needed to share for support, but couldn't because I was petrified.

So happy for you! Coming out was great!