1/29/10

Updated: Cycle Cancelled

Not officially but it will be cancelled.

Fluid still there - same size. So the progesterone didn't eliminate it.

I'm okay because since Tuesday, I've sort of had time to accept that there was a good chance this stupid fluid wouldn't disappear in 2 days.

I love the new doctor they have at RMA NJ (where I monitor locally). She's really open and willing to educate me, despite my not being a patient of their practice anymore, much less her patient specifically. I asked her if this was a one-in-a-million event and she said no, that it's not supposed to be there and isn't that common but it does happen and that they just cancel the cycle and do another. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

And I'm good with it completely as long as this doesn't recur. That's more of a concern.

But, she claims my period will just evacuate everything and I'll be good to roll.

Emailed my nurse a few minutes ago and asked if I could 1) stop the endometrin suppositories and just give myself a PIO shot tonight to bring on a period instead and 2) if I could start Lupron on Day 3 of my period so as to cycle back-to-back and not lose any more time.

Have no idea what will happen but will post update later. And thank you for the well wishes girls. But these are the breaks sometimes, huh?

Updated: Email exchange with my nurse. 2 cc's of PIO tonight to bring on a period. On CD1 I will begin with the estrogen patches again but no Lupron. There is a 20% chance I will ovulate too soon, which would kill the cycle but they doubt it'll happen because my estrogen has been high. If all goes smoothly, I transfer in 20-25 days. Crossing my fingers.

14 comments:

lastchanceivf said...

Your attitude is refreshing but SHEESH and how many more times do we have to say "that's the breaks!" I swear, this whole process is such a mindnumbing test of our wills.

However, the prognosis for getting rid of it does sound good and then hopefully it will be smooth sailing.

Lorraine said...

I suppose if something is going to go awry it's better for it to happen at the very beginning of the cycle, before you've filled yourself with expensive injections and emotional investment.

I hope you can get right back on the schedule!

Riley said...

Well crap! Glad you seem to be taking it well and that it sounds like nothing serious, but it does suck how all these little roadblocks always seem to get in the way. I hope you get to start back up sooner than later.

maxandzuzu said...

Good to hear that it's nothing too serious. The doctor used to tell me the same thing when I'd get a cyst or two from all of the meds. I wonder if yours was caused from some sort of reaction to your combination of meds. If it occurs again maybe they can follow a different protocol. My cysts would always disappear by the next u/s.

I guess we've all gotten a little used to taking the hits and moving on to the next step. Try try again!

Good luck!

T

Sue said...

How frsutrating! I'm really glad it isn't something to worry about though...and I hope they just let you cycle back to back. I definitely wouldn't do any BCPs as that would just prolong it and they are totally useless. So, I'll be hoping for a quick turnaround!

musicmakermomma said...

So glad this isn't exactly a total loss - I mean at least you can go right on and cycle in less than a month! Hoping this works out - good luck

Kami said...

That, my friend, is what I like to call a GDC (God Damned Conspiracy). Not fair. Crossing everything that things will work out in 20-25 days.

kayjay said...

Oh yuck. I'm so sorry you can't go as planned but the silver lining is that you know you didn't start this in a compromised position. You want to know that you did everything you could to ensure the best result and starting off with a lining with fluid in it just doesn't sound like the best way to start off the cycle. Horribly frustrating but at least you were smart enough to ask about the PIO shot to bring on AF sooner and then start the process again. I have everything crossed for you.

onwardandsideways said...

Fingers crossed for you, Sky!! This sucks, but 3rd time's the charm... the weather will be better in a few weeks anyway, better for flying. Hang in there!

Phoebe said...

This sucks, but I'm all for everything being A-OK in uterusville before you transfer anything!! Oh, and I e-mailed you back.

Lost in Space said...

Awww, I'm sorry for the delay, Sky. It sounds like you are in good hands on both ends and have a plan in place for take 2. I'm hoping those 20-25 days are gone before you know it.

musicmakermomma said...

Sky, I can't believe this is now happening to me too. They haven't officially cancelled yet but for 2 u/s it has just been in there lurking - the only thing they recommended to get the ute to contract was...ya know, the big o. NOT really feeling it right now, but you better believe I'm trying! Next u/s on Sunday. If it doesn't work I will ask if I can do what you did with the PIO and go straight into an FET. Crap.

Me said...

I'm sorry I'm so late in commenting but I've been under a rock. Or, more specifically, out of town, for 5 of the last 7 nights. That blows you got canceled. But it's niiiicccce that you don't have to do Lupron.

((HUGS))

P.S. I got the new and improved gift. I immediately took a pick and emailed it to my MIL. You know you rock, right?

musicmakermomma said...

Hey Sky, I don't have your email so hopefully you don't mind if I just add this to your comments.

My surgery was to correct a severe bicornuate uterus, major surgery although they used robotic technology so I have like 5 little cuts on my abdomon instead of a huge 8" scar. They basically cut the whole end of the ute and fold it the other way (hard to imagine w/o seeing this) and sew it back up.

Don't know if this CAUSED the fluid or not, but the doc seems pretty sure that the only thing to get rid of it (short of a full period) is getting the uterus to contract. Only one way to do that - the big O. I must admit it kind of creeped me out but I did it every day (sometimes alone and sometimes with help). Hope this isn't tmi - but if it can help you I guess it is worth it! Good luck, hope the fluid is gone on your next scan.