2/8/10

Glutton for Punishment

My CD1 passed and I'm on Estrogen patches. I have a transfer date but I don't even want to write it for fear I'll have to take it back. Yeah, I'm going to become the worst doomsdayer you've ever known!

So, I went in for my E2 check today and, of course, C.CR.M claims not to have the results but my local clinic swears they've faxed it TWICE. Who do I believe?! Whatevs!

Anyway, my one and only lining check is set for Tuesday, February 16th which is too close to the transfer date for my comfort. Further, I think that's a bit too early for my lining to be the right thickness and pattern anyway, but we'll see. So I decided to add another u/s date on the calendar - THIS Wednesday. If something's going wrong, I want to know it sooner than later.

I'm really not trusting and I want to trust. I want to feel some comfort and be able to count on something. I want to not be disappointed this time.

5 comments:

maxandzuzu said...

Yay a transfer date! I understand about the concerns with the lining check, but you have to believe that they know what they're doing. I would've made another appointment too though. Ease your mind sooner rather than later.

I would not be surprised if C.CR.M has lost the fax. The bigger the place, the more unorganized. From my experience anyway.

Good luck on your transfer and keep us posted!

T

Lorraine said...

It's hard to just trust that everything will work - we've all heard stories about someone demanding the extra test or procedure and that it somehow made the difference. Like any medical condition, you have to be your own advocate.

That said, you are the #1 prizewinner advocate of all time, so I think you can at least tell yourself that you have done the best you can. At this point, let the Fates be kind to you, my dear!

Paige said...

Hi Sky,
I wanted to thank you so much for your blog. Like you, I am a single gal wishing to get pregnant by using a donor egg and donor sperm too. This is the only blog I have found written by someone in the same situation. I immediately felt less alone. I wish you every success in 2010 and can't wait to read about it.

Paige

Sue said...

Wow, that will come fast!!! Which is great since all this sitting around and stressing must be driving you nuts! I wanna hear all about it on Wednesday...and I have faith you will get a great u/s report on the 17th. This IF stuff is so frustrating, sometimes it just has to go smoothly!!!!

lastchanceivf said...

I think it's great to get earlier monitoring. It's so hard to just let it go after all you've been through...so I think whatever you need to do to feel like you have some semblance of control in this situation...
Thinking of you and hoping for great E2 and lining checks!