12/8/09

January 21

That's my transfer day! I tried to get a Friday but the C.CR.M cyclers gobble Fridays right up, understandably, so I got a Thursday.

I'll fly into Denver Wednesday morning and return Saturday morning.

Tomorrow I'll make plane, hotel and car reservations. I can get a round trip for $208 right now so I'm going with it and hopefully my lining will cooperate and everything will work as smoothly as the first time (except for the grand finale, of course!).

I talked with Dr. S.urr.ey yesterday who reported that my MTHFR is heterozygous A1298C and that I do not need to be concerned about blood clotting issues or even miscarriage and that this mutation isn't a problem for my own health but that the extra folic acid and B vitamins is important for a fetus in the neural tube development. I take FABB twice a day, which is an acronym for Folic Acid, B6 and B12. So I should be set.

I'd woven some caffinated coffee back into my life a couple of week ago. As of yesterday, that's over! (and I have a headache today)

BCP's begin day after tomorrow (today is CD1) and Lupron starts day after Christmas. I should be a real sweetheart on New Year's Eve! :)

14 comments:

lastchanceivf said...

It's so great to have a firm date in mind. I'd say just book the flight and have faith the lining will cooperate! So happy for you to get this party started :)

Me said...

I smiled when I read your comment to me on your last post! Even with a bottle of wine in me I try hard not to miss the point. :)

According to my schedule I'm supposed to get AF on Christmas Eve. That's what I'm talkin' bout - nothing says "I love Jesus" like a good bleed! OK that was wrong. But I can't bring myself to delete it. Please feel free to delete my comment.

(No, I actually haven't been drinking tonight!)

Riley said...

Congratulations - it is so nice having a plan in place isn't it! January 21 will be here before you know it. I'm really excited for you. I think 2010 is going to be a great year for us.

Lost in Space said...

Let the countdown begin! So glad you are getting set and ready to go.

Sue said...

Yay! That isn't far at all...and with the holidays, will be here before you know it! I am so excited for you.

Sky said...

Me: You're so funny - why would I delete your comment? I have probably the darkest sense of humor of anyone I know AND being atheist, well, it would be hard for me to take personal offense.

No drinking, huh? Should I be stopping myself? :)

THANKS FOR THE GOOD WISHES GIRLS!

Lorraine said...

Woo-hoo for January! You may be cranky with lupron for the big midnight celebration, but at least you won't be have to worry about being too sloshed to remember where you parked...

kayjay said...

A date always set things in motion for me - it was the solidification of a plan, the way things were going to be for the next little while. I wish you much luck!

onwardandsideways said...

Interesting comments on your MTHFR. My understanding is that the only thing that really matters when you have any form of MTHFR is your homocysteine level. Maybe that's what he meant, as yours was fine when you were tested (yeah!) And I've also heard that the homozygous C kind is the worst (the one I have), hetero A is 'better.' So I think you're good, girl.

I like Jan 21 for a transfer date. Has good feel to it. A SUCCESS feel... ;)

I can't wait to be checking in on you. It will be here before you know it!

And oh my goodness... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I hope you do something fun and wonderful for yourself tonight or this weekend.

Phoebe said...

You are sounding really happy about your upcoming transfer. I'm glad you have something to look forward to this holiday season!

Eb said...

lurpon for new years eve! wow. Lovely.

But who cares!!

you have a date.

I have everything crossed for you. everything!

Kami said...

What a great feeling - to have that all planned out. Best of luck to you!

Peeveme said...

Sky,

I am with you in spirit every step of the way. You are soooo FABB!

tge said...

Seems so far away but I bet it flies by for you. Can't wait to see what happens! Best :)