12/1/09

Substantiation

Because I don't want ya'll to think I've got it out for Miss K.nox and I've exaggerated one brief smile as standard protocol, I submit the following. Each picture is taken in custody - and most are in the courtroom. Oh, and check out the one with the writing on her shirt. It actually says "All you need is love." Holy fuck - a hippie chick mantra on trial. That's rich!

I could have provided countless more but you get the point. Besides, I might be leaning in stalker territory by now.



Maybe I'm just jealous (and I concede that possibility) because I freaked the fuck out about imagined scar tissue. Because when I heard MTHFR, I thought, CRAP, my baby will have Spina Bifida. Because I worry ad nauseam about everything and a chick half my age beams a kick ass smile every time she's led into a courtroom halfway across the world where she's been charged with murder and may actually never walk free again.

Yeah, it's delusional but, you know, maybe it's a happier existence.

9 comments:

onwardandsideways said...

Always good to channel those cycle crazies elsewhere... why not Aman.da F*x?

And you ain't gonna have no spina bifida; I'm living proof. Just keep taking that folic acid. Do they have you on baby aspirin as well? I've been taking it since I found out I was homozygous, about 4 years ago.

Looking at your collage, I think someone is coaching her to smile like that. 'Show 'em you're just a nice American girl.' Either that, or it's her 21-year old way of dealing with the insanity of what she's going through.

lastchanceivf said...

I wish I could plaster a creepy smile on my face and be delusional right now. I am thinking she is overmedicated in some way. Or else just crazy.

I love your collage!

Riley said...

Wow you are right! I haven't been following the coverage but that smile is crazy. I know I wouldn't be smiling like that if I was in her shoes - my ass would be bawling!! Thanks for the reassurance on my sperm issue - I figured that was the case - but you know how we freak out and worry about every little thing!!

Me said...

OK all those smiles gave me chills. That is SO not right. Chills again after typing that. Ew!

Lost in Space said...

That is really creepy. She looks like she doesn't have a care in the world!

"I might be leaning in stalker territory by now." really cracked me up.

Lorraine said...

I prefer your thorough worrying to that fixed faux-cheerfulness any day - pretty sure I wouldn't read her blog!

Sue said...

Very funny...and creepy. Love the collage:-) I'd think her lawyers would have had a nice long talking-to with her about that stupid smile!

Kami said...

Weird. Even if I knew I would get off I would be sad for missing my family and freedom for 2 years.

Sky said...

And there ya go - verdict in: Guilty.

It's really sad because I do think it was a miscarriage of justice and there was clearly no physical evidence to suggest Amanda Knox had anything to do with this crime. In the U.S., she wouldn't even have been indicted - but we should always remember when traveling abroad that every country has their own laws and they should be respected and accepted, or you might not want to visit.

Yesterday when she gave a closing statement, she was somber, choked up and behaved in the manner befitting her situation - in stark contrast to her beaming face this past year on trial.

I don't really think her gleeful appearance during trial is what buried her but I sure don't fucking think it could have helped.

Her poor parents!