3/26/09

CD1

Was yesterday. Today I am hemorrhaging! Tomorrow (CD3), I start my BCP's. Now, you'd think that means I'm cycling baby - it's just around the corner. Nah, it's not. My donor's planned retrieval is June 9 or 10th. I haven't gotten a calendar but you'd work backwards from them. I do know she's scheduled to begin her BCP's on her CD3 as well but I don't know when that is (I got a call from Freedom Pharmacy early last week to pay for them, which I have). $46 for a two-months supply of birth control pills that went somewhere - somewhere in the Denver area to the genetic mother of my future baby. Ooooh, that sounds weird!

But, I'm actually okay with the 2.5 months I have left. I have an enormous honey-do list at home without a honey to do them - so it's all me. I'm a very handy chick (replaced toilets in my 3 bathrooms over the last 2 years) and though most of the work isn't very impressive (painting, spackling, more painting), I have a couple of bigger projects - change out bathroom countertops for granite (that's going to weigh a ton!). I have one project behind me - installed a shelving system in my bedroom closets.

Actually, this will be my new bedroom - I'm going to trade with the spare bedroom. Why? Because when I bought my house 11 years ago, I chose the back room that gets the afternoon sun but is like a dark cave in the morning. Oh so nice for sleeping but so awful for my personality. WTF was I thinking?! The way it is, I am NOT a morning person. Now toss in a dark and comfy room and it's a recipe for disaster. The front bedroom gets TONS of beautiful morning light. And there was another reason I decided to do this - a baby. Clearly, I have every confidence I'll be successful (boy do I hope all of this faith doesn't kick me in the ass) and I can't fathom a baby getting tons of morning light at 7 AM and waking me up while I'm in the dark cave. If anything, I'd rather have a sleepy baby that I have to wake up. Well, that's the plan anyway. :)

And as soon as the bedroom is in shape (maybe another 2 weeks), I'm going to hop back onto the treadmill which will help to shave off the 15 lbs. I need to by transfer day.

Oh, back to my period (where this post began), let me just say that menopause will certainly bring with it some difficult things (hormonally and emotionally) and I'm sure it'll be tough to accept that more than half of my life is likely over BUT I will NEVER EVER EVER miss having a period - I can tell you that much. I have a friend who's never had more than what could fill a panty liner, no cramps, no bloating, no irritability - nothing! Me? I had horrendous periods at 13 (clots, the heaviest flow, cramps and just general unwellness). Honestly, I could NEVER miss that!

(Sorry for the TMI)

8 comments:

Jill M. said...

I love hearing your confidence and faith in this journey to baby! I'm in agreement with you, this is it girl!

Anonymous said...

I am totally with you on the heavy, painful, clotty, gross, periods! Yuck. I am so jealous of my friends who "maybe" bleed for a day or 2. Ugh! Sounds like you have a lot of projects ahead of you. GL with the to-do list. YAY for 2.5 months. It will be here before you know it.

Anonymous said...

Me and your dark cave would get along just fine. I too require pitch blackness for the best sleep. Good idea to get those projects in before txfr, cuz they may forget to tell you (as they did me) that you can't lift anything more than 5 lbs. post-transfer.

June is going to be here so fast. And then you'll be on your way. That is very, very exciting.

Thank you SO much for your support while I crashed and burned these last few days. Really appreciated.

DAVs said...

I, too, feel so super confident for you that this is going to be IT! That house better get ready for some noise :)

Sue said...

Yay! That is so exciting! And, I am so happy at your positivity!!! I too feel like this is it for you! Great idea on changing the rooms. And, I hate changing out toilets, so I am beyond impressed that you were able to do it. We had to change the one in our little half bath downstairs and I swear DH and I were fighting by the end of it (hard to maneuver a toilet in a small room and still get it on the ring properly and onto the bolts).

Oh, and while you are treadmilling, can you also work off the 20lbs that I've gained? Because no amount of dieting or exercise seems to be working on it!

Kris said...

It sounds like you have your work cut out for you:) Sounds fun and exciting to turn to the next chapter:)

Lost in Space said...

So glad you are getting started! Just doing "something" always seems to help even if it is a BCP.

I feel you on the heavy, clotty periods. cd2 and/or cd3 keep me pretty close to the ladies room. I will not miss it (or mother nature's way of mocking me) one bit either.

Riley said...

It sounds like we are going to be close to the same time frame with our donors. Since my donor's E2 levels were too high this month, that means we have to wait another month, so her period should be starting near the end of May. I'm going to try to make the most of my last month off to do as many things as I can between now and then myself since hopefully we'll both be pregnant in June!