5/13/09

Another F'king Delay!

My nurse sent me an email that the donor got her period later than planned. Now the retrieval is expected week of 6/18 and transfer is expected week of 6/25 - the week of July 4th. This is EXACTLY what I wanted to avoid!

My gut never feels good about the working environment right at a holiday time - staff is lower, 2nd tier employees taking up the slack and the leads are not normally working.

I'm so angry about this! Never mind another week to wait.

I was matched on March 11th - even if we keep on schedule I won't be in my 2WW for 3 1/2 months after the match. And that's AFTER waiting 5 months for the match in the first place.

Holy shit! I'm so pissed, I cannot even tell you!

6 comments:

Riley said...

I am so, so sorry!! I know exactly how you feel and it's beyond frustrating - it is so f'ing infuriating. This sucks. I'm delayed indefinitely right now myself. First my donor's level were too high to cycle last month - now she's missing in action and won't return phone calls so I may have to start from square one again. I am so sorry that you are having this crappy bad luck as well. All I can say is that is so sucks!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you are going through this - it is so frustrating! I remember thinking when we had our initial RE appt that we'd be pg by the next month! HAHAHAHAHA!

Hang in there, hopefully things will go smoothly and you'll ET at the end of June and have the lovely holiday to lounge around on your 2ww. Good luck!

Me said...

That does blow monkey balls. :(

onwardandsideways said...

Argh, the twists and turns of cycling. I understand your anger. We had so many delays too. I hope that somehow there is a silver lining in this. All I can say is think back to where you were 6 months ago... you are so close, honey! You will get there though. It's very hard, it's one small step at a time and you just want a baby, goddamit! I know, I know, I know.

It will take every ounce of patience you've got, but you'll get there. You have my undying support and I'll be rooting for you all the way!

Phoebe said...

If you have any doubts, talk to your doctor and embryologist. Someone is always covering you at CCRM, and they have enough shut downs to give their staff vacations. They can't afford to risk their stats.

kayjay said...

Ouch - I'm sorry about the delay. On a brighter note, I will be transferring around that time - not sure when AF will arrive after stopping BCP and being on Lupron. They're predicting an earlier transfer on June 26th but my estimates put the transfer on July 3rd. I thought it was appropriate that I pick up my "american children" close to July 4th so I thought it was a good thing :)