11/19/09

Colorado Bound (again!)

I'm not complaining, actually. I'm grateful that Dr. S.urr.ey's office was able to accommodate me for the polyp removal surgery next Tuesday. Normally these things aren't such a big deal but there are extenuating circumstances and obstacles:

1) Surgery this year will cost me zero dollars (deductible met) - all confirmed by C.CR.M

2) Polyp removal can only be done on certain cycle days (so that leaves me only one more cycle if I miss this window - and it would be in the month of December - good luck getting scheduled then!)

3) They will not release me to a taxi or to drive myself after the surgery. I "must" have someone I know pick me up. This is a biggie - a deal breaker - because I am not about to bring a friend out from NJ Thanksgiving week! But in what can only be described as serendipity...Me will still be out there for her cycle and was her usual super nice and flexible self to agree to picking me up when I begged her for the favor. No chance I would be this lucky next month or another month. THANK YOU AGAIN "ME" - FOR COMING TO THE RESCUE!

Can I just say that a long time ago, when I lamented about having virtually no family (though a wonderful network of friends, albeit tiny) and worried about having help with a child in a pinch, Lorraine told me that children really build a community around you - whether or not you intend for it to happen. And, case and point, IF has done the same thing. And that's a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

6 comments:

Riley said...

Wow - I'm so glad to hear you got everything worked out and coordinated so quickly! What great luck that Me is still there and able to pick you up. Lots to be thankful for indeed!

DAVs said...

Well said by Lorraine. She has a way with words and I totally agree. The IF women I have met, either in real life or online only, can only be described as gold. Seriously. I'm so glad it all worked out for you!

Lorraine said...

I love when things just fall perfectly into place! I don't especially believe in "signs", but it does help to feel that circumstances are in your favor.

Also, it is so sweet that you even remember what I said so long ago - and it's still true! Plus, I see more and more how the IF community goes from anonymous cheerleading to a real commitment to each other - it really is heartwarming! So glad things are coming together for you.

Me said...

Smiling so hugely to myself right now. I'm freaking DELIGHTED to be able to help! Seriously. :)

Sue said...

That is great!!! I am so glad you got in for the surgery and so so happy that "me" will be there for you!

Kami said...

Weeee! What a ride! ;)

Glad things are moving along.