11/23/09

Good Morning Lone Tree!

Got in last night - good flight. Exhausted and crashed. In what can only be described as a huge coincidence, two other bloggers on my blog roll will have their retrievals tomorrow morning. Wow!

Both Me and Phoebe will be at C.CR.M in the same window of time I'll be there tomorrow morning. I'll be checking in at 7:30 AM for surgery at 8:30 AM with Dr. S.urr.ey and Me is behind me by an hour. So her husband gets to drive two women out of the center for the price of one. :) Poor guy!

Just returned from having my EKG done at the Sk.y Rid.ge Medical Center that's next to the clinic and all went fine. And in a couple of hours I have to check-in for pre-op and that cervical dilation that I just don't even want to think about but, yet, it creeps in. Seriously, I may never have birthed a child yet but I'm not so clueless as to not know that cervical dilation is what happens in labor and I'm pretty sure it's associated with pain. EEK!

Seriously, I just want it to be over with already so I can get back on the plane to NJ, see my awesome little animals, get some restful sleep and get ready for the Thanksgiving feast!

1 comment:

onwardandsideways said...

Cervical dialation... sounds like a laminaria to me. I had one. I forgot to take the two 800mg of ibuprofen that was recommended before hand, and so got two numbing shots to the cervix med free. Not recommended.

Find out if it's a laminaria, and if so, if you can take any pain meds before hand.

It's not the worst, but you might need the meds.

Also, if it is indeed a laminaria, it's all for the best. Will dialate your cervix nice and slow, so that you're in good shape for having a baby later. Which I hope will be very soon for you!

Good luck and take good care of yourself!