11/23/09

Labor Pains?

Onwards was right, Dr. S.urre.y inserted a laminaria stick into my cervix. Oh. My. God. And none of my paperwork said to take meds in advance so...two shots to the cervix and little rods or something to make way for the laminaria stick. FUCK! I don't know what was worse. Wait, yes I do - the laminaria. I nearly cried. He said to try to tolerate it and not remove the stick but that if I absolutely couldn't tolerate it later, there is a little string where I could pull it out. Then he said my cervix is tilted a bit to the left so if I pulled it out, pull toward the right. What-fucking-ever!

He left the room with the nurse to give me a few minutes and I thought I would pull it out right then and there but I wanted to try to give it 5 minutes and see if it subsided to something more tolerable. Then nurse returned and I asked her if I could sit up. I imagined a hard wooden stick running from my vagina into my uterus that would break in two if I sat up. But, apparently, it's not as I imagine and I can sit.

As soon as I left the clinic, I felt better. Do I feel like jogging? Hell no, but at least I'm not in unbearable pain. But I do feel like I have very strong period cramps. The worst part is I can only take Tylenol which, in my opinion, is WORTHLESS! But I'm uncomfortable enough to take two right after I post this.

Me is coming by and we're going to grab a bite and gab about tomorrow morning's procedures for each of us. She has more follicles right now that I can produce in months! Ahhh, youth! :)

Well, that's it for today - I'll check back in after the surgery and hopefully I'll be in awesome spirits and just so thrilled to be done and one step closer.

Oh yeah, the post title....if labor pains are worse than this, I vote to gestate future children in pods and pick them up when they're done!

5 comments:

onwardandsideways said...

Oh, honey. That FUCKING barbarian. I dislike him even more now. Jesus Christ. He could have warned you, for god's sake. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I got used to it pretty quickly. I hope it does not drive you nuts. Hopefully you can get to sleep soon and tune it out.

So glad you've got someone there with you.

You hang in there, girl!

Lorraine said...

I think that at least labor works with your body - the laminaria just goes at it's own pace and you get what you get.

Hope it's over and done with soon and you can get on with things!

Sue said...

Labor has a great and immediate reward...this, not so much! I'm so sorry...I didn't know you were getting a laminaria! I thought I've heard of women being given valium before that procedure so WTF? Ugh....good luck today!

Phoebe said...

I hope everything goes smoothly and painlessly today! I agree about labor. The whole mammal thing is overrated!

Wiaiting in Sunshine said...

UGH those are the worst! I had to have 4 inserted overnight before my D and E. When I went to the bathroom in the morning the next day they all fell out, so I guess they did the trick. I remember her saying,"Ok, now deep breath- now breath out REALLY hard" and that's when she would stick me." So sorry....