1/28/09

Evidence in 2008!


Someone posted an image of their sharps in 2008 and I liked the idea so much, I dug out a picture of mine.

You can't see all sides but of what you can see, there's Gonal F (probably more expensive than liquid gold), progesterone injections and tons of the little Lupron needles.

I couldn't get rid of it. No one would take it - not CVS, not the local hospital, not Shraftt's (which is local to me in NJ) and I would never throw them in the garbage, though I can see getting frustrated enough that you would do it.

So, lucky for me, my best friend's husband is an Oncologist who has to dispose of sharps in his practice and when she was visiting with me, she offered to take them back home to Florida in her car and got rid of them. :)

I have one more bottle to fill this year and I hope I'm able to deposit those huge PIO shots while gleefully knowing I'm finally pregnant!

5 comments:

Polly Gamwich said...

Frightening isn't it? What all of us infertiles are hiding in our homes?

Recently I was watching my 4 1/2 yr. old niece for a few days and I told her mother (when we were delivering her home) that we had to do IM shots and we were very open with her as to what we were doing (couldn't you imagine her walking in on us and FREAKING OUT) her mom was like "that's cool, I'm very open with her ... and don't worry - had you not told me I wouldn't have thought you were doing heroin or something!"

Needles, needles, and more needles!

Sky said...

Polly, that's so funny. I stayed at a friend's house last June to watch her 5 year old daughter for 4 days while she was traveling for business and I had to start Lupron shots on the last night I was watching her daughter.

I told my girlfriend that I actually waited until her daughter had gone to bed and made sure the monitor detected no awake sounds before I did the Lupron. I was so scared that she would see me and tell the teacher in school the next day that her aunt Sky was injecting herself and they'd call DYFS on me. ;)

Anonymous said...

We ended up taking ours to our local Hazardous Waste facility. Lordy.

Retro Girl said...

Yes, the crate-o-needles always illuminates this whole process, doesn't it?

A comment about your last post - I COMPLETELY agree with you. And, as a side note, it angers me when people leave anonymous comments that are judgmental (at least I thought it was judgmental in regards to your lifestyle). It's not the comments that bother me so much as the "anonymous" part - It's like, come on, take ownership for your voice. I can at least respect you if you do that, you know.

And yes, I would gladly write a note to your future ex :-). It appears that telling people off may be one of my many talents :-).

By the way, I have another comment that I don't want to post...if your comfortable with it, would you mind sending me your email? Mine is acdispatch@yahoo.com. If your not comfortable with doing so, that's cool to.

Retro Girl said...

Oh - and I do realize that I should have spelled the second "your", "you're". That is perhaps my most frequent blog comment blooper :-).