1/21/09

There are worse things (TMI post!)

I have been taking Prometrium since Sunday afternoon to bring on a period. On Monday morning I was so dizzy and foggy and exhausted that I just knew that little pill had a hand in it. I emailed my nurse and she directed me to put it up my woo hoo - "in the top 1/3 of your vagina." Ack! Gross!

Tuesday morning I felt "much better" as she promised. But last night I felt like I was getting a yeast infection (which almost doesn't surprise me when shoving a pill up there). :( So last night I just took it orally and this morning back up the woo hoo. No more itchy feeling and maybe taking it orally in the afternoon and evening isn't a big deal 'cause I'm headed home vs. on my way into work where I need to have a clear head.

Honestly, I didn't like the PIO because it's a damned huge needle and the point of entry is tricky to do on yourself (though I did it) and I didn't think there were worse things. Wrong. I actually prefer PIO instead of feeling dizzy and unwell or getting a yeast infection.

3 comments:

Peeveme said...

I agree, suppositories make me ill. PIO hurts. Both suck but you do what ya gotta.

Sue said...

I completely agree with you! I've never taken it orally but up the Hoohaa really sucks. Last cycle, I called the doctor crying 2 days after my ER because I thought I had the world's worst yeast infection - so I ended up back on the dreaded PIO. I think I'll just go for the big needle this time. Though, I am so impressed (beyond impressed, really) at those that can give this shot to themselves!

Lorraine said...

Well, I've done it all - and the easiest way (orally) really is the worst. Apparently the way the kidneys process it creates some biproduct that makes you really groggy and headachy.

The PIO pain sucks and the suppository yuck sucks - but at least you can still drive! Supposedly there are sub-q P17 shots that are easier than the other options...