1/30/09

February 23rd

The date for the endometrial biopsy is set after I finally got my period yesterday! The cramps were so bad at first that I had to double up on Midol and today I enjoyed the lovely experience of bleeding right through everything into my jeans. Thank goodness it was the end of the day and I just darted out of the office and came home.

So, tomorrow I start my Vivelle patches for this mock cycle.

My impatience over the extreme length of this donor match process at CCRM really hasn't improved. Again, I can acknowledge I was given a 6-9 month timeline but on several occasions I was told (by doctor and nurse) that it is usually around 4 months and much of the wait depends on my donor criteria. I barely had criteria. She must be proven, caucasian and with any eye color but brown. In two weeks it'll be 4 months I'm waiting.

Tick tock, tick tock.

I feel like my life is on hold, stand still. I can't make plans to go on a vacation because I want to be available when I'm matched. I can't even plan a vacation later in the year because, trusting this will work (I don't even want to imagine otherwise), I wonder when I will have to end all air travel.

To say this process is draining doesn't scratch the surface. You all know. Many of you have been where I am, and worse. What a club to be in!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

The limbo is almost the worst part - you really can't plan much, except at the last minute. And if you dare to think you might have to schedule around success in the future there's always a jinxy feeling. Which is just not fair - we're always being told to "think positive", but it's impossible to do it without feeling reckless.

I hope you get your match SOON!

Peeveme said...

Not being able to plan make the waiting so much harder. And waiting is really hard all by itself. I really hoping you'll be matched soon. It could be any day now. I'd like to think the odds were in your favor. The economy is down so some people may have had to put off their cycles and there might be more donors signing up to donate.