7/8/09

Beta #2 - 344

So...it just a little more than doubled. That's very good news! :)

No more betas. Next is ultrasound on 7/23.

Oh and there's a due date: March 14, 2010.

And I have to find an Obstetrician. Yeah, that's right - I don't have one. I have a wonderful Gynecologist whom I really trust and is a very highly respected Gyn surgeon. Is he "technically" an OB/Gyn, yes, but he chose not to practice Obstetrics a long time ago.

I called his office today to get a referral to a good Perinatologist. I just don't want to go to a regular OB, given I'm an IVF patient, a DE patient (risks for pre-eclampsia increase with DE), 42 and this is my first pregnancy.

Whew! It's been a wild ride. I wondered if I would ever get matched, I wondered if the cycle would succeed, I wondered if an eSET wasn't the stupidest mistake ever and then I fretted over those light waste-of-money Dollar Store sticks.

Maybe I just can't believe how easy this has been, despite all of my fears, anxiety and worrying, every single step of this cycle has worked perfectly. I feel extremely lucky and thankful.

13 comments:

onwardandsideways said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah! Very solid numbers. You must be on cloud nine -- I hope you are, anyway.

OBs, ultrasounds, due dates... you are definitely on your way!

You go girl, super happy for ya!

:D

P.S. Have been checking your site all day, waiting for an update!!!

Jill M. said...

Wahoo on another awesome beta!!! You deserve an easy time, enjoy every second of it.

kayjay said...

That is such an awesome number! Your little bean is a high achiever! Seems so surreal to all of a sudden be talking perinatologists and due dates after having to wait and wonder for so long about the donor. Enjoy every second of it!

Riley said...

Wow - a due date. I don't even know what to say other than I am so thrilled for you. Isn't it amazing how quickly our lives can change after what feels like an eternity of waiting.

Jill said...

Oh, I'm so happy for you!! This is the best news I've heard all day!! Congrats!! So excited for you Sky!!

Lorraine said...

Perfect second beta!

Of course you should go straight to the peri - why chance anything? The difference between hi-res blood-flow monitoring and measuring your lower torso with a tape measure is absolutely worth it. This baby has been hard-fought for and it makes all the sense in the world to want the extra care.

I hope things continue as wonderfully until March - and beyond!

Nikki said...

Congratulations Sky! Very good numbers! Good luck!!!!

MJS said...

I just spend the last 4 hours reading your blog from start to finish! I couldn't be any more happy than if this was my own pregnancy. Congrats and happy baking baby !!

Sue said...

Great beta! now, if you get a good OB, don't let them convince you that you need a C-section just b/c you are an IVF patient (that bull poopy has been going around) unless that is what you want. (I had to say that b/c I've heard this a lot recently in blogland and I find it absolutely silly). Anyway, I can't wait until that u/s!

Lost in Space said...

Such great news, Sky! Beautiful numbers and a due date to boot. Congrats!!

Miss Tori said...

I'm living vicariously through you, so I'm glad your beta numbers are looking so good.

I have a question, though. Why is it that the risk of pre-eclampsia is so much higher with donor embryos than with your own?

Tiff said...

I am SO thrilled for you! You are going to be such a GREAT Mommy!

kayjay said...

Awesome second beta!! I'm so happy for you and yes, it is surreal that you're talking OBs, u/s and due dates!!! Enjoy every second of it and keep smiling!