7/4/09

Denver

On of my bloggy buds called this "Infertility Mecca" and I couldn't think of a more appropriate name. When you enter the temple, you understand why.



Onwards suggested some Dinosaur tracks - so I visited Dinosaur Ridge and did the "little" walk. The next pic below the "tracks" shows the "ridge" which is a 2.5 mile round-trip walk but in the extreme heat, the top of my head was so hot you could fry an egg. There were bicyclists that would zoom by me going up the incline - very impressive (I could see their leg muscles quivering).





And this is a picture from the top of Mt. Falcon where I was going to go on a hike the day before Dinosaur Ridge. The skies opened up just before I started the hike (very appreciative of the preferable timing vs. during my hike). But I love mountains so despite any weather challenges, it was still beautiful.



Last night, I watched some fireworks at a local high school with my awesome little furbaby Liv (pic not from last night) and a neighbor.

Sure hope you all enjoy the holiday and see some great fireworks!

7 comments:

Phoebe said...

Well, I guess we have different opinions of the "infertility mecca". I call it "The Mall" cuz that's what it reminds me of!

Sorry we didn't connect while you were here. I was quite busy, and I couldn't find your e-mail address!

Sky said...

Oh Phoebe, that's okay. It would have been nice to meet you though.

The mall - that's funny. I guess from an aesthetics point of view, I can see that too. :)

Eb said...

happy 4th to you and your furbaby

Lost in Space said...

Late to the game, but huge congrats!! I can't wait to hear all about your beta tomorrow!! Yay!!

Me said...

You make ms smile every time Sky. Too bad we didn't cross paths there. Maybe someday? :)

Leah said...

Today is beta day! I've got everything crossed for some great numbers!!

Kami said...

Beta today, right?