7/23/09

First OB Scan

For me, I think it's a combination of fear, my nature to protect myself from the pain of unexpected bad news and the fact that I have had no m/s or symptoms of any kind (other than being especially weepy, which is very uncharacteristic of me). Now, I have always said, I want NO m/s, please - but, obviously, the flip side of that is it leaves me wondering if the little appleseed decided not to stick around. And, though I don't believe in a supreme being, I do believe that the right things often have a way of unfolding when they don't always seem the best. So I was trying to be ready for a couple of outcomes today.

You were all right! Other than measuring 2 days behind (I was told +/- 3 days is fine), the heartbeat was 123 bmp and everything looked "right on track." I was at my former RE's office in NJ and I was so lucky to get the doctor I most loved there today - he's so tender, gentle and kind. He flipped on the audio switch and I could hear the heartbeat waves. Wow!



Thank you all for the encouragement when I was, clearly, lacking.

17 comments:

Sue said...

Yay! that is great news! I am so happy for you. When is your next scan? Do you get them weekly in the beginning or is it a few weeks?

Miss Tori said...

Very nice! I bet that the sound of the HB was the sweetest sound you've ever heard.

Riley said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures - look at your little baby!!!! I am so extremely excited for you. I completely understand your fear and trying to protect yourself. I think we've become conditioned to not getting our hopes up too high - which is sad, but this is great news! I hope you can relax a little now and really enjoy the fact that you are going to be a mom!

Nikki said...

Congratulations! Glad everything's looking good. Continued Good Luck to you!!

onwardandsideways said...

Lovely! And ain't it great when your bloggy friends can believe when you can't? :)

FWIW, I was also about 2 days behind. My OB said up to a week either way was normal. Not sure where I'm at now... will find out soon though.

I think you're on your way, baby!

Peeveme said...

I could not be more thrilled for you! Try to enjoy it at least for a little while until that old anxiety creeps back in. Remember, you have just reached a HUGE milestone here.

Eb said...

wow, what a wonderful pic! thanks for sharing it- made my day.

Sprogblogger said...

YAY!!! Great news. I'm so very happy for you!

Lorraine said...

Great news! I know the lack of symptoms can start the second-guessing game, but once you have hard evidence things are so much better! Now you can just be happy that you don't have to clutch a sleeve of saltines at all times and keep a bucket handy...

Kami said...

Congrats! All good news here on out!

I have the same m/s fight. It is comforting to notice it, but not so much fun to experience it.

Me said...

Wooohooo!!!

Miss Tori said...

Hey, Sky, I hope all is still well with you. How are you feeling? Any MS yet?

Post an update soon, please.

Lost in Space said...

So glad for such an amazing appointment!

It has been a bit since your last post. How are you doing now? Any m/s yet?

Anonymous said...

Hey, just wondering if you are ok; hopefully you are sick as a dog with morning sickness. Thinking of you -

Sue said...

Just stopping in to see what was going on with you and how you were feeling! Its been a while and I thought I'd check in!

Kami said...

Two questions for you:

1) any more updates?

2) how can I get a dynamic blog list on my blog like you have?

onwardandsideways said...

Hey Sky... wondering where you are these days... hope all is well and that you're just too sick with m/s to write or update.