7/18/09

It's the little things....

In the last week I've been icing before the PIO for less and less time. This isn't intentional, mind you, it's just that around 8:30 PM, I make my evening cup of Decaf Vanilla Chai Tea (yummy!) and enjoy it with a biscotti or a half of a cupcake (my neighbor brought me a delicious apple spice cupcake from Martha Stewart's new cupcakes recipe book - which she was sweet enough to stand on line to have signed by Martha herself the other day - a copy for each of us).

Anyway, back to the subject. I usually just forget to ice until it's late and the last few times I've felt the pinch a little but, you know, no big deal. So, tonight I decided not to ice at all. YEAH, I'm such a brave rebel! :) And you know what, the pinch is there but after the needle punctures the skin, it's over - and I think the distribution of the progesterone in oil is actually better without first icing the skin. Maybe I'll give it another go tomorrow night.

In other news, I painted a large canvas today that I've had for years. I chose an inspirational piece of abstract art but hated the outcome. So after it dried, I went back over it with a red shade as the base and tomorrow I will attempt to use this as my inspiration.

8 comments:

Sue said...

Yum Cupcakes! I never ice with the PIO- I think the initial stick sometimes hurts but I've heard it does distribute better and doesn't create so many bruises, etc. I've even heard of people putting heating pads on after to hurry it along. Hopefully, it helps your poor tushy too!

Phoebe said...

Thanks for sharing the painting. It's really cool!!

onwardandsideways said...

Oooh, I lurve abstracts. Well-done abstracts, that is. Your inspiration is a beauty. Love the colors.

Love that you are painting!

And yeah, from what I understand, not icing helps the meds distribute more. Even better if you can stand a heating pad on there before and after.

You sound good. Looking forward to more happy updates from you!

Lorraine said...

I always have an evening cup of tea - since I can't have wine anymore I indulge in Palais du The (the non-caffeinated varieties.)

I have used the heating pad with the PIO, and I can't say I noticed a difference. At some point, the tissues are so poked that it's just a matter of getting it over with. I used to try to be happy that I had to do it, but after a few weeks I had to switch to the suppositories - I couldn't sit down! This time, it's somehow better...

DAVs said...

I always iced before PIO...except the first time, and I swore it would be the last time. But, I do also swear I have this weird lump on my rear that wasn't there before...could it be an undissolved lump of oil from a year ago?? Ha.

Did you ever figure out a way to have your blog update on blogrolls even if private? So annoying!

Sky said...

Ashley, no, I never figured it out - which is why I'm not private anymore. :(

Riley said...

I'm glad to hear the PIO shots are going well. I'll have to remember the no ice method- especially if it helps it disperse easier. We did our first delestrogen shot on Thursday and iced and I didn't feel it at all. But the thought of (hopefully) doing 12 weeks of PIO shots scares the crap out of me. I'm glad to hear it's not that bad. By the way, I love your painting. I keep thinking I'm going to take painting lessons one day - but who am I kidding, I don't think I have an artistic bone in my body!

Kami said...

I never ice and I use a hot pack afterwords - which feels really nice.

just 3 more days to your u/s if I remember correctly.

Weeee!