12/23/08

Merry Christmas!

That's my awesome and wonderful little dog driving her cat brothers in her bug! :) I may not have a human baby yet but these have been the best kids on the planet!

[PHOTO DELETED]

Anyhoo, my dog - she's awesome; the best! She's a pure breed Pekingese that I adopted at an animal rescue when she was 1 year old (4+ years ago). I'm not sure I could love anyone as much as I do her. She's feisty and tough as nails yet such a loving sweet spirit. She's 13.7 lbs. and I tell her she's got the "hottest little bod" and then make a sizzle sound and poke her thigh with my finger and she looks at me like I'm nuts (which I am). :)

Notice my gray cat in the passenger seat next to her. She loves him and he worships her. (notice he has lipstick on his mouth - that's not a Photoshop job - that was really on his lips when I took the picture). He's the most gentle soul there is - tender as the day is long and not a mean bone in his body. He loves to be loved and snuggled.

And then there's the orange cat in the back seat. He and the gray cat are brothers from the same litter. He's the stereotypical cat - aloof, moody and antisocial but very mischevious. When anything falls down in another room, guess who bolts from the room at warp speed?!

All 3 of my "kids" are exactly 5 1/2 years old - triplets!

To sum up their personalities, I have said that if my animals were human children, this is what I would have:
  • Gray cat: He would be my special needs kid who is picked on and doesn't know how to fight back and wants to be friends with everyone. I would spend a fortune on a special education for him and any job in the future requiring more intellect than handing out a flyer in a stationary position would be, simply, out of reach.
  • My Princess girl (dog): She would be too sassy for her own good. Pregant at 13 and unable to ever sow her wild oats. She would be such a creative, free spirit.
  • Orange cat: This kid would make me question my decision to have a child every single day. He would test me, push me and challenge me in every moment. By age 12 I would get a call at 3 AM from the local police department that he was behind bars after being caught taking a joy ride in a stolen car, with a bottle of Jack and some cigarettes in tow.
But I couldn't be happier or love them more! (animals are what's purely good in the world)

5 comments:

Leah said...

Okay, seriously, THAT IS ADORABLE!!!

Retro Girl said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. That pic is so cute! I love the description of each of their personalities. Happy Holidays!

DAVs said...

I agree, animals are the best. If we ever do get a human baby, I hope they can top the furkids....JK.

Hope your holidays were great!

wifethereof said...

Fur babies are the best!!!!!!!

Jill said...

Aren't pets wonderful? They make our worlds more pleasant! Happy New Year!