12/17/08

Thanks everyone (anonymous too :)

The comments to my last post on Patience were great. I gave them all some good thought.

I can't stress enough that the whole turning 42 thing last week really heightened things for me. But far worse still was my nurse at CCRM telling me she still thinks it'll be the 6-9 months they originally gave. And, yes, they did say that (when I went in early October) BUT it was always followed up with a great degree of comfort that it's usually sooner, especially if your criteria isn't stringent. And I am not sure how my criteria could have been any less stringent, truly.

So then I started REALLY doing the math....Wow! I could get matched in friggen July - and not have a transfer until September. Geez Louise, if it worked, I would be 43 before I were even showing!

I always tell friends that there is a time for everything. When you're 22, you can afford to date a guy for 3 years who doesn't ever want to get married or have kids (presuming that's important to you). But when you're 30, you really have to get practical and not piss away 3 years doing the same - but you can still date someone who's like-minded for a year or two if it's headed in the right direction. Well, when you hit mid/late 30's, I say that's time to stop jerking around. You meet someone, there's chemistry, you're both good for each other, you want the same future, you enjoy being together - 6 months to engagement, TOPS!

Okay, the above isn't written in stone but I'm making a point. Wasting a year at 23 can be very different from wasting a year at 40 - a year at the wrong time can cost far more.

As for Jill's comment about believing this cycle wouldn't have worked if it weren't for CCRM, that's pretty likely given the trouble you'd had in the past (and I feel for you with your former RE, what a mess!). You were challenged with eggs that weren't doing great in the past so you definitely needed the big guns and, fortunately, you got 'em! :)

I'm still with CCRM - all the way baby! But if, theoretically, I were able to do a split cycle much sooner than they have a match for me, I'm not sure it would hurt anything (other than my wallet). As for an agency, I'm 100% off that wagon. :)

We'll see.

1 comment:

Josée Martens said...

Hello! Just found your blog. I am also a CCRMer, kinda. Waiting on CGH results. Do you like the donor program they have?
Happy New Year!