12/16/08

Patience

I have none. And it's not all bad. People who are too patient often miss out on much in life because time ticks by my friends and it ain't very long we have here to begin with.

Been thinking about CCRM. They're the #1 center, hands down. I love the doctors and staff. I feel extremely lucky and confident - yes, I believe I'll be one of their success stories. I even love Colorado - so it's a bonus to get to make a baby there. And I'm not changing my mind about CCRM in any way. I just wonder if I shouldn't explore additional options.

So, consider these two:
  • Work with an agency. It may cost me another 10K but I wouldn't have to wait or

  • Consult with a local NJ fertility clinic with also great stats who happens to do split cycles. So, yes, maybe it'll cost me 15K for a split cycle but I may actually succeed and it would wind up costing me less than half of the cost of using CCRM.

If I were interested in 2-3 children, I would never consider splitting a cycle because that likelihood wouldn't be there. But one baby is all I really want (a back up in the freezer would be a bonus, truly).

So c'mon, help me out girls. Check out the poll on the top right corner of the blog and vote away. :)

6 comments:

DE Mommy said...

San Diego Fertility Center has the highest DE success rate in the country (over 80%) and they guarantee a transfer within 90 days of starting with them.

Just an FYI.

Sky said...

Thank you DE Mommy (is that a picture of the lovely Flower?). If it's a full DE cycle, I'm pretty committed to CCRM, given their rates and lab (and yes, I know SD is great - you went?) but I'm already enrolled with CCRM and another brand new center across the country would be more time.

A local NJ clinic (with excellent rates) does do split cycles though, and that's a possibility for me that wouldn't completely bankrupt me to the point of not being able to afford the CCRM cycle if the split didn't work.

It's such a confusing time.

A said...

I hear ya on the patience. *ugh*. We were looking at using an agency, but for different reasons. (I wanted more donor info than 'anonymous' ) With that said, once you pick a donor (and she agrees, etc), you can cycle w/in 3 months. Now the hitch at CCRM is that she still has to do all their 1day testing and otherwise qualify w/ them. Kinda a pain...

Peeveme said...

I'm not in love with agencies. If I were you I'd check the wait time for you local clinic. If it was faster I'd give them a try as long as you found a donor you liked. If you wanted 2-3 kids...then split cycle... not so great but if you are in the mood for 1 (2nd as gravy) then it's certainly worth looking into. Just explore. You can always keep you place in line at CCRM.

Jill said...

I just wanted to wish you luck in your decision making. The only thing I can say is that even though IVF#3 took 6 months from start to BFP at CCRM, it was worth it. My DH and I feel like we would've failed another cycle if we hadn't gone to CCRM. That's just our opinions, but again good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog off and on and just wanted to tell you - be patient! I truly think you are getting close. We cycled with CCRM in July this year and waited 2 months for a match (after being told the same timelines you were). Our cycle did not have a positive outcome, but I really don't think you'll have to wait 6 months, unless you are really picky, of course. :)