6/12/09

Big Day on Monday!

Blood work and ultrasound at local clinic. Crossing fingers that I'll have a good lining and triple stripe. Of course, the retrieval is expected to be on or about June 20th (next Saturday) so I think I'd still have 4 days to improve whatever is going on in my uterus (not that I think it could be accomplished in 4 days!).

Monday is also my "pre-embryo regroup" with the doctor. And since Dr. Surrey is apparently not in, my meeting will be with Dr. Schoolcraft. I've never talked with him and though I've heard stories of his quiet, dry, all-business demeanor, I'm not really worried - I do very well with those types. So I intend to ask him about my donor's progress and by the time in the day we speak, he'll have had a chance to see the report from the morning on my blood work and lining so we'll be able to discuss that too.

My daily meds are: 5 units Lupron, 4 Vivelle patches (alt. days), 1 Estrace pill, 1 pre-natal vitamin, .75 mcg Synthroid (for thyroid) and 1 baby aspirin. Yet, I have to reiterate that this feels VERY far removed. Maybe I'll feel "in cycle" when I'm in Denver.

2 comments:

kayjay said...

Good luck with your appts on Monday - I hope you see a nice triple stripe and that all is excellent!

Be prepared for Dr. Sch - I always seem to be rendered completely speechless and can't seem to think straight in the presence of such expertise. He is very knowledgeable and I always get nervous talking to him. I always have a list of questions prepared just in case I get tongue tied like I usually do. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Riley said...

I hope your lining looks great on Monday and you have a great consult with the doctor - you are so close! I can't believe it. I'm sure once you are in Denver it will feel completely different.