6/5/09

Dates....

Yeah, I don't really have 'em yet. I mean, how fucked up is that, really?!

When I've asked, I get answers like "well, we won't really know until your donor's stim cycle and to see how it's going" and I swear, I know that is right and sounds reasonable. BUT, every single time I hear of someone doing a donor egg cycle, even two months out, they seem to have a retrieval/transfer date on the calendar. Granted, they might be a day or two off in reality but they appear pretty true to actual in the end.

As of yesterday, my donor hasn't gotten her period yet. Once that happens, she has a suppression check (I forgot what that is from my own IVF cycle) and then she starts stims. Then my nurse said, going by former cycles with her, she would be ready for retrieval about 10-11 days after stims start.

So, the tentative date I was given was around the 20th. And that's perfect for me. It's a Sunday. If her retrieval really does happen on that day, I will fly out that day or following day for Denver. I have hotel reservations for $59/night at same place as last time (TownPlace Suites). It was clean and nice enough and close by and free internet and I can't beat the price really.

I haven't made plane or car rental reservations and that has me a little uneasy but what the heck can I do? Fortunately, I have a LOT of mileage points and I will be upgrading to first class - at least on the return, if not both legs!

In a perfect world, she'll have her retrieval on 6/20 and on day 5, we'll transfer 1 perfect, hatching blast that becomes a healthy and beautiful little bundle in 40 weeks and I wind up with a dozen 6-day blasts in the freezer. Anything else is off script! :)

6 comments:

onwardandsideways said...

You know, I'd have to go look at my blog... but I swear I didn't have a calendar until around the same time and was given the same reasons. Everything was very up in the air until the donor started her BCPs. It's all about her at this point and they can't plan anything until they've got her somewhat pinned down. Until she's had her period, they can't do that.

Frustrating, I know. But sounds your train is about to leave the station, m' dear. I'm SO excited for you.

The CMV stuff sounds low risk. I honestly don't remember being asked about that, but I'm sure we were. I am glad Surrey was so thorough with you.

Hope things continue to move forward in the right direction -- I have a feeling they will.

Me said...

I love reading your blog. You are upbeat without being delusional. That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Glad things are perking along - I didn't get dates for my frest cycles until right before we started lupron. This cycle (an FET) they gave me dates earlier because basically, I get to pick when transfer is, since the embies are there and waiting! Apparently it takes about 1/2 hour to thaw the frosties, so you just pick the date and hope everything comes out ok.

At least you do have tentative dates, and by this time next month you'll be knocked up!

Phoebe said...

Wouldn't it be nice if everything went the way we wanted it to? At least in a bad economy, you know you'll be able to get a rental car when you need it.

Lorraine said...

Even without exact dates, SOON is so exciting! If anything goes off-script, I hope it's in a good way...

Riley said...

I know it must be frustrating when you are trying to make plans and all the necessary arrangements - that would drive me nuts too. It sounds like once her period starts you'll have a much better idea of the schedule. Hopefully she'll start soon so you can finalize all your plans. Wow - I can't believe how close you are! I am so excited for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a 6/20 retrieval with lots of fabulous blasts!