6/24/09

NJ to Denver

I'm leaving on a jet plane, I DO know when I'll be back again (you have to sing it like John Denver did).

Not very fond of airplanes, I may pop a Xanax when I board. At first I thought, GASP, I can't do that with the whole baby on board thing that's coming. But then I remembered that they'll be giving me some Valium before the transfer. So, obviously, they can't think it harms embryos! And it would be worse if I was white-knuckling it all the way.

Don't misunderstand, I'm not phobic about it. I don't break out in a sweat or hyperventilate or think I'll die. I just get anxious. When I travel for business (2-3 times/year), I don't love it - I just deal with it, you know? By contrast, I have a MAJOR phobia about public speaking (even in a sit-down meeting full of people). My heart races like I am on the treadmill at top speed and I CANNOT catch my breath and words don't come out and I ramble snippets of total nonsense. It's really really terrifying (and embarrassing). So I NEVER do a stand-up preso. And I have some medication that works WONDERS if I'm going to talk in a group meeting. Anyway, back off tangent.

As I walked down the stairs at the hotel in Denver last October during my one-day work-up, I purposefully touched the handrail and consciously thought to myself, The next time I'm here in this hotel, in Denver, I'll be here for an embryo transfer.

And here I am, going back to Denver (and to that hotel) today. :)

Last contact before Denver. Woo Hoo - here I go!

PS: Remember all of that disconnected stuff I'd been feeling for weeks and weeks? I'll tell you this, right now, it's gone. I've been jittery (hands trembling) all morning - and I haven't had caffeine in a year.

9 comments:

Eb said...

all the luck in the world to you!!!

Miss Tori said...

Good luck Sky! I hope this trip is everything you want it to be.

Hugs and Cheers,
Tori

DAVs said...

yay! I had a *feeling* that disconnected stuff would vanish...you're on your way to pick up YOUR babies!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you! Good luck and hope your whole experience in denver is great.

Josée Martens said...

I am very excited for you! This is it! I am so unbelievable amazed at the collection of embryos you will choose from.

How is the hotel? Fingers crossed for you!

Riley said...

I knew it would feel more "real" once you boarded the plane. I am so, so excited for you - can't wait to hear how everything turns out. Hoping you have a safe, uneventful flight and transfer and arrive back safely in NJ soon with baby(ies) on board! Yay!!

Sue said...

yay! So happy you are on your way! I am the same way with planes...I get on them and act like a big girl but I HATE it...however, I'm absolutely fine with public speaking- had to be since I was a lawyer, right? I know another woman who had fears and her RE at CCRM actually prescribed some kind of valium for the flight.

You are so close! I am really excited for you!

Me said...

I am *so* excited for you.

P.S. I thought I was the ONLY person on the plant who was alternatively a complete slob and an OCD clean freak. :)

Lorraine said...

Sending you oodles of luck and good wishes!