6/18/09

Still dreaming

Nothing’s changed for me. I’m still in that state of denial, disbelief. I don’t feel even remotely “in cycle.” But here’s the punch line, if all continues on plan, I should be on the table ready to transfer in 8 days.

Wow! One week doesn’t seem like a long time at all and, yet, I’m working on projects like nothing’s going on in my life. In fact, though I’m technically “on vacation” next week, I’ve told my counterpart that she need not worry about back-up until late next week when my vacation plans may have me disconnected from email for a day.

Yeap, I’ll be schlepping my laptop and some files to Denver and setting up office in my hotel room. On transfer day, I’ll take it “off” but the day after I will get back online, even if it’s mostly from bed. I don’t think I can really just lie there for 2 days and watch TV (daytime TV alone could send me to the funny farm).

Seriously, when the hell is this going to get real? After the donor’s retrieval? After the fertilization report? After the embryo progress? After my transfer? When I’m back in NJ? WHEN there’s a BFP? When the child is born? WHEN?!

11 comments:

Riley said...

I bet when you get on the plane to Denver, everything will really start to feel real despite the fact that you are taking work with you. Here's to hoping the next 8 days (8 days!!!!) fly by quickly for you. At least you are staying busy - that's good.

Peeveme said...

The whole thing feels unreal...the BFP is the most unreal part of it. I'm so excited for you.

onwardandsideways said...

I say consider it a good thing that you're in some sort of dream-state. Much better than stressing and freaking out about it. But boy, oh boy, how the times flies and you'll be boarding that plane before you know it.

But for the record... here I am at 15 weeks and it STILL doesn't feel quite real. I think I need to feel kicks before it will.

Very happy for you!!

Sky said...

onward, I guess you're right - this is certainly better than having a nervous stomach and freaking out. Heck, maybe it's under the surface, I don't know. But mostly I just feel normal, tooooo normal.

15 weeks for you - sweeeet! I'm anxious for you to get some kicks - when the heck does that happen?

kayjay said...

Sky,

I just booked my flight to Denver and won't be leaving until 7pm at night. If you need help after transfer I would be more than happy to give you a hand if you need one.

I KWYM about the not feeling like you're in cycle - it seems so benign to just apply what appears to be a glorified bandaid (Vivelle patch) doesn't it? Where is the 2" long needle to stick in my rear? Not that I'm complaining mind you :).

Sue said...

I think the FET feels totally unreal. But in about a week you will be PUPO and a week after that, you will see a BFP! Try to stay in bed for that first day at least!!! Leave work aside and let yourself read a fun book or something, just for one day!!!

Josée Martens said...

Hi Sky, I am wishing you all the luck. I am very excited for you. i couldn't find your blog for so so long. i've been wanting to cheer you on for a long time. (was mamasoon)

Anonymous said...

I think I felt more "involved" after the ER, but it all feels unreal. And with FET I may never feel involved! I'm just hanging around here for the ET, DH isn't even going this time (finding a sitter is just too crazy with no definite time). Hope you get the "real" feeling on the plane - have a lovely day of relaxation!

Liza said...

hi. i found your blog through my friends sue and blossom (mamasoon) and just wanted to let you know i'm in the middle of a DE cycle myself (looks like just a day behind you) and feeling EXACTLY like you are. very detached from the whole thing. it's quite surreal. i don't even get follie updates! i wish you the best of luck, and i hope we'll both be receiving some amazing news very soon. (i'm in nj, too)

Sky said...

Thanks everyone!

Kayjay - that was crazy-nice to offer up help in Denver. ;) I'm about to post on my plans - but I think I'll be okay. You're awesome!

Kami said...

I think part of it is because someone else is doing all the work right now. Once you are more involved I bet it will seem different.

Or when you get a BFP or when you feel the first movement or when you deliver. Who knows? Good to be at peace though, isn't it?