6/1/09

I love you Estrogen!

Maybe it was all in my mind and I was expecting it to be bad but . . . Nahhhh! Lupron really does suck donkey balls! F'king toxic devil ju-ju.

I felt a difference within HOURS of the Vivelle patch and Estrace pill. YUMMMMMMY!

Last week, I - a normally tough cookie - cried my eyes out! I cried over my mom (which is legitimate and sad and doesn't discredit the fact that I MISS MY MOTHER AND SHE SHOULD BE HERE WITH ME!!!), I cried over fear, I cried over the chai tea I like (I DETEST tea with a passion - hate every single kind, all of my life, just learned I like Decaf Chai Tea!).

But the crying jags made it clear the Lupron had pulled out all the stops.

So now I'm good again! :)

Tomorrow I'm having new carpet installed on my stairway to the 2nd floor and upstairs hallway (the rest of the house has Pergo flooring but uncarpeted stairs scare the bejeesus out of my uncoordinated self). And a contractor guy is coming over to check out 3 exhaust fans and 1 ceiling fan he's being hired to replace. I'll also be working from home.

Next steps: Thursday AM - estrogen bloodwork, call with Dr. Surrey about the damned CMV. I also have to remember to ask him why the one and only u/s scheduled for me is on 6/15 with a potential donor egg retrieval for 6/20. I mean, I want another u/s to ensure my lining is right (thickness, triple stripe, etc.) before I sink a 1.5 inch Progesterone needle into my ass, which is irreversible in a cycle!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have something to "cut" the lupron with now, so far I seem to be ok (lupron day 2). But then, my DH says I'm always an emotional wreck, so who knows?!

Seems weird to me that you only get one u/s before ER. Hope they change that for you!

DAVs said...

Glad you're feeling better! What a process this is--some days I wonder how any of us get through this without going off the deep end. Or maybe that's just me...:)

Riley said...

Sorry the lupron was such a bitch but glad to hear the other drugs are making life better for you! I agree, I think I'd want more than one u/s as well - just to be sure everything is good to go. Good luck! June 20 will be here before you know it!

Peeveme said...

Wow, you are really getting there. Tons of empathy coming your way about the Lupron. It makes me bonkers too but it does not last forever.

For what it'sworth I think I had 2 or 3 u/s and I also had a mock cycle

Eb said...

Hell yeah, I agree - donkey balls indeed. So glad the estrogen makes you feel better, can't wait for that.

Sue said...

Glad you are feeling better! Oh, and we've talked about the CMV thing- my old clinic AND CCRM were both adamant about CMV-, so I'm sure you will get a lecture. But, you did your research! I was too scared and uninformed so I scoured the cryobanks for acceptable CMV- ones, it does make life harder!

I am so excited for you! Oh, and no surprise, with the higher success rates and our initital confidence because of that, from experience, it all comes crashing down during the 2ww. Hardest one yet!

kayjay said...

And here I was wondering if I was the only one crying at the drop of a hat! To think that I actually wondered if the Lupron was working or not since I didn't feel anything - HA! Good luck with your call about the CMV.

Retro Girl said...

I *heart* estrogen too! So glad you are feeling better. I know it is a different situation, but I think I only had one ultrasound for my lining before my FET.

I had a lot of "not-myself" sobs too when I was on the lurpon.

Kami said...

Yep! That is why I do the generelix protocol instead. It is a tad riskier, but my RE knows me inside and out.

Phoebe said...

I hate all those hormones. I was whacked out on all of it. I hope you get things squared away with Dr. Big Shot. I don't remember my friend who did DE there having many u/s.